I’ve finally found a place near my work that actually serves semi-decent food. As you know, I work in the Flagstaff precinct of the city, an area that is notorious for its piss-poor food eateries (apart from Don Too on Lt Lonsdale St). Thus, it is no wonder why I bring my lunch from home most of the time. That was until I found out about Dancing Goat Cafe, a seemingly weird name for a coffee shop but if you actually know the story behind the origin of coffee, you would immediately get the reference. Word on the street is that their barista, Jesse Hyde, won the Grand Barista competition and so people have been flocking to his store to sample his coffee. What’s even better is that this cafe is actually not far from my work so I decided to get a coffee and pick up lunch from there before work this morning.
There was a bit of a wait for my coffee but that was understandable given that there were only two people manning the counter and a large group of legal eagles lining up for their morning brew. My small skinny latte ($3) was thick, rich and rounded off with a beautiful caramel aftertaste. It was the first “proper” (i.e. non-instant) coffee I had in ages so I buzzed around the office all day like a, well, dancing goat. Oh, and although their focus is on coffee, that doesn’t mean that their limited food offerings ain’t worth trying – I ordered a chorizo, spinach, boccacini and tomato relish focaccia which, although not completely filling, was delicious ($8.50, below):
Okay, so I told the chick that I didn’t want mine toasted – there was no point seeing that I would be consuming it for lunch anyway. It was only when I picked up my coffee and asked where my focaccia was, however, did I realise that bitchface didn’t listen to my request as she was too busy fishing it out of the toaster. And they must have forgotten to set the lever on the toaster up because my lunch was as flat as an Asian girl’s chest. Sigh. Oh well, at least it tasted good.
In other news:
1. R.I.P Patrick Swayze. I ate slices of watermelon all day at work today. No, I really did.
2. Never was a fan of Kanye West but after that stunt he pulled, he has slid down even further on my disproval rating. Okay fair enough, not everyone would have been pleased that Taylor Swift won that award but while she isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, she nevertheless did NOT deserve to be treated like that. Kanye, you arsehat.
3. Gossip Girl season three has just been released. How excitement. I just got home and immediately downloaded the torrent. My internet is a little slow tonight so I won’t be able to watch it until way past my usual bedtime. Let’s hope that this season doesn’t suck as much as season two…
4. Adam tried Grain Waves for the first time the other day. He declared them “too healthy-tasting” and said that he’d rather have potato chips. Actually, so do I but he’s not the one going on the potato chip ban . I also tried to get my workmate RS into them too. He asked me what they were made of and I began by saying “Corn, gra-” before he wrinkled his nose and said “Ewwww, too healthy.” Sigh. Boys.
5. I wish I wasn’t so unco. Body Jam classes would be so much more easier.
6. I didn’t sleep until 3am last night. But I was studying and hence, doing something productive. So there.