I got tagged by vamp168 to do this questionnaire about food. And given that I don’t have anything exciting to write about on xanga (you can tell that I’m on a dry spell when it’s been three days since my last update, huh?), here goes:
1. What’s your #1 comfort food?
A hot bowl of beef lasagne, fresh from the oven. With creamy bechamel sauce, no compromise.
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you?
I would say something like “mangoes” or “apples” but for some reason, I always assume that desert islands have heaps of fruit-bearing trees and lots of little fishies for us to catch sooooo…. probably something filling like Turkish bread.
3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for ? )
I’m not a good enough cook to have a signature dish just yet. I do, however, like to bring in a cold sesame soba noodle salad for lunch when the weather is warm which people seem to like (my workmates, Adam, Cathy and even my mum). The original recipe is from a Nigella Lawson book but I have tweaked it by adding a few more ingredients to make it a little bit more tasty. 4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for…
The thing about living in my house is that mum will usually cook dinner so that there is always something on the table when we get home, hahaha! But if I feel like staying back in the city after work for whatever reason, I’m more than likely to feel like eating at a bar-slash-restaurant because Friday nights are usually for drinking (sensibly, of course)… so Gingerboy, Cumulus Inc (arguably better for weekend brunches but whatever), Maha etc… those sorts of places.
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food?
6. What food can you absolutely not eat?
or c) because I reckon it’s just wrong (dog, animals that are still alive and squirming – little fishies and the like).7. You need a drink. You grab a…
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be?
as long as it’s with him (now everyone say “awwwwwwwwwww!”). Having said that though, extra points for him if he takes me to a restaurant with at least one hat, bwah! Apparently he’s booking ROCKPOOL for my birthday this year so he’s in my good books!12. Are you a soup or salad person?
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant?
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made?
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook?
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook ?
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities?
I just named three in #17! But just to make me sound like I TOTALLY know what’s happenin’ in the TV cooking world, I’ll name three more:
Jamie Oliver, Mario Batali (been watching a bit too much Iron Chef America) and Kylie Kwong.
19. Homemade or homemade from a box?
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag.
Sadly, there aren’t many foodies on xanga (particularly Melbourne ones) so this is though, but I’ll tag: Kelly, Jan and Dave. But anyone is free to fill it in if they so wish to. Heeeeh.
Let her eat cake!